Friday 10 July 2015

Denis Montanar Merlot Borc Dodon 2011




About 13,000 bottles for this Merlot, from sandy soils, mixed clay, which soaks a week by fiberglass, only indigenous yeasts, then 16 months in contact with the fine lees, no fining or filtration.

The taste made one year ago, in a salon of natural wines, pleased me and urged me to buy a few bottles, also in virtue of the fact that, usually, I’m not crazy about this variety; however, this one, I found it at odds with the usual sweetish Merlot. And now that I've tested over a bowl, I can say, I had seen good.

A nice bright ruby red with so much fresh fruit - cherries and currants, raspberry and blackberry - which is enriched by touches of herbs and balsamic, with strong characterization of stony and tangy minerality.

In the mouth it shows just as fresh and sharp fleshiness. Nothing to do with the softness most commonly encountered. The drink is vertical and agile, with an acid thorn that supports and strengthens, the richness of the fruit, while the mineral aspect gives further sprint. Pleasant and persistent, satisfies the palate, until the end, with balsamic sensations and saline.

Also great during hot, served chill.


No comments:

Post a Comment