Friday 22 January 2016

Obermairlhof Kerner 2012




The Alois Ochsenreiter’s wines, also owner of Haderburg wine company, are at home on these pixels, for many reasons, primarily because they are good and I like it; then because I know quite well this family of winemakers, having been many times at the cellar and, last but not least, I know their philosophy, I find in their wines, pattern of expression of the terroir. For me it is enough.

I like the Kerner - the cross, created in 1929, between the Schiava Grossa grape and the Riesling grape - particularly that one of Alois, my favorite.

In this cup, there is a figure of fresh rocky minerality, less at the nose, more in the mouth. And then the tropical fruit - avocado and pineapple - citrus and delicate vegetable hints, hay, mowing of grasses growing in these valleys, practically untouched.

Fine matching nose-palate, where a straight acidity enriches the drink, for a mouth, wide, layered, dried by many, extremely pleasant, hints of crystalline rock.
For me it is enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment