Friday 11 March 2016

Delamotte Champagne Blanc de Blancs n.v.




This time I made three of a kind, as three bottles, even half convinced me; moreover the type - blanc de blancs - which is considered the house’s specialty.

With white grape coming from 4 villages Gc - Oger, Cramant, Avize and Le Mesnil sur Oger - is not peregrine to expect fireworks, but unfortunately for me, this time it was different.

About the smells, I place them, not so much in the territory "delicate", but rather in the evanescent/fugitive. Excluding a good freshness, a discreet touch of white flowers and a faint hint of citrus - lemon more than anything else - what is missing is the backbone of a bdb with all the trimmings – that is the ambition of this bowl – namely the chalk, which in this case should roll out the nostrils.

All these weaknesses are, unfortunately, plenty of matches in a buttery and mineral remotely sip, untied and torn between confused sour feelings and decomposed dosage.

I want to think I was unlucky with these 3 bottles.


No comments:

Post a Comment